Everything You Need to Know Before You Book Prado Museum Skip the Line Tickets
Officially known as Museo Nacional del Prado, Prado Museum is home to over 20,000 artworks including paintings, sculptures, prints, drawings, and historical documents. It is one of the most distinguished museums in Spain boasting the world’s richest collection of Spanish, French, and Italian art ranging from the Renaissance and Baroque period to the era of Picasso.
The museum is almost always crowded, which is why we recommend that you get yourself skip the line tickets to avoid waiting in long queues. Here’s all you need to know about the Prado Museum skip the line tickets to make the most of your visit to the museum.
Prado Museum Skip-the-Line Tickets and Tours
Why You Should Get Prado Museum Skip the Line Tickets?
- Prado Museum skip the line tickets allow you to skim past long queues and walk right in.
- These tickets reduce your waiting time from a couple of hours to a few minutes because you get priority access to the attraction.
- You get more time to explore the galleries and marvel at the vast and comprehensive collection of artworks on display at the museum.
- You save a lot of time and energy to explore nearby attractions like the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum, CaixaForum Madrid, El Retiro Park, Reina Sofia Museum, and Royal Botanical Garden.
- You can opt for the guided tours because most of them come with a skip-the-line feature.
- With the world still reeling under the effects of the pandemic, it is best to avoid crowds.
How to Skip the Line at Prado Museum?
Book Skip the Line Tickets
Skip the line tickets guarantee priority access to the Prado Museum. This means that you don’t have to stand in long queues and wait for hours for your turn to enter the museum. Walk past those long lines and straight into the museum without wasting your precious time and energy. Instead, you can spend all that saved time exploring the museum and nearby attractions.Book Now
Book Tickets Online
You can buy tickets at the museum, but we would recommend purchasing tickets online and in advance for a hassle-free entry. The museum is almost always crowded with people waiting in long queues to buy tickets on the spot. Booking online and in advance will ensure you avoid the waiting line and have enough time to explore the museum at your own pace.Book Now
Visit During Early Hours
Prado Museum opens at 10 AM and is most crowded between 11 AM and 2 PM. You can reach the museum about 10-15 minutes before opening time, so you have an hour to explore before the crowds come in. The best time to visit would be from 2 PM to 4 PM as it’s least crowded during that time and queues are also short. Weekends are generally a lot more crowded than weekdays.Know More
Opt for Guided Tours
Guided tours are also a great option because most of them come with a skip the line feature, which means that you get two benefits. First, you get priority access. So, no more waiting in those long queues to enter the museum. Second, you get an expert tour guide to show you around the museum and tell you about its history and the artworks on display.Book Now
Which Entrance Do I Use If I Have Prado Museum Skip the Line Tickets?
Prado Museum has five entry points – the Lower Goya Gate, the Upper Goya Gate, the Velázquez Gate, the Jerónimos Gate, and the Murillo Gate. The first two are for those who want to buy tickets on the spot. But, if you have booked tickets online or purchased skip the line tickets, you can choose to enter from any of the last three entrances. You can just scan your ticket and walk in through the Velázquez Gate entry point, while Murillo Gate is only for group tours, which is why the queue here is usually the shortest.
You can drive to the museum or hire a taxi and get off at your preferred entry point. If you’re taking the metro, get off the Retiro station and then walk to the museum. You can also take either of the E1, N2, and N3 buses and get off at Cibeles bus stop. Prado Museum is a 5-min walk from there.
Skip the Line Tickets vs Guided Tours - Which to Choose?
Skip the Line Tickets
- Skip the line tickets guarantee priority access to Prado Museum.
- You don’t have to wait in long queues because these tickets allow you to skim past the crowd and head straight into the museum.
- Skip the line tickets are worth the few extra bucks because you end up saving a lot of time and energy to not just explore the museum but also nearby attractions.
- Guided tours are a great option to explore because they include an expert tour guide who will tell you all you need to know about Prado Museum.
- When you visit a place of artistic and historical importance, it is always advisable to explore it with someone who has in-depth knowledge of the same.
- Guided tours offer a chance to know more about the artists and the artworks on display at the museum.
Verdict: Choose tickets that include both, a skip-the-line and a guided tour feature!
- Book your Prado Museum skip the line tickets online and in advance.
- Wear comfortable footwear because you’ll have to walk quite a bit.
- Read up about the museum if you’re not taking a guided tour.
- Photography inside the museum is strictly prohibited.
- You can keep your coats, bags, camera, and other important items in the cloakroom for free once you get past security. Umbrellas and large bags are not allowed inside the museum.
- Drop in at the Prado Museum souvenir shop after your tour and get yourself some great collectibles and books.
- The museum provides free wheelchairs and canes for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently Asked Questions About Prado Museum Skip the Line Tickets
A. Yes. You can skip the line by booking Prado Museum skip the line tickets online and in advance.
A. Yes. You can book Prado Museum skip the line tickets to visit the attraction.
A. The Prado Museum skip the line tickets start from €15.
A. You can book your skip the line tickets online.
A. Skip the line tickets allow you to skim past huge crowds and head straight into the museum.
A. Yes. The tickets are worth it because they save a lot of your time and energy and allow you more time to explore the museum.
A. The skip the line tickets do not include a guided tour. But you can book a guided tour with the skip the line feature.
A. While booking tickets online will save you time, you will need to buy skip the line tickets or book a guided tour to avoid waiting in long queues.
A. You might have to wait for a couple of hours to enter the museum.
A. No. Audio guides are not included in Prado Museum skip the line tickets.
A. The Velázquez Gate, the Jerónimos Gate, and the Murillo Gate are the best options for skip the line ticket holders.